|This Thanksgiving we’re thankful for your support! |
Thanks to your continued encouragement and support for the Junior League of Topeka, we were able to continue our work of connecting women, cultivating leadership and working together to bring lasting community impact despite the challenges we’ve faced the past 18 months. Over the last year—despite being in a worldwide pandemic—we have successfully:
– Donated $5,000 and urgently needed supplies, to the YWCA which establish a children’s room at their shelters,
– Executed the Little Black Dress Poverty Awareness Campaign and a month long Child Sex Trafficking Awareness and Prevention Campaign,
– Provided leadership training for 1500 students from area high schools through the Capital Impact Leadership Summit,
– Donated 460 pounds of food to Project Topeka,
– Donated 120 towels to Operation Clean and Healthy by the Topeka Rescue Mission,
– Donated 15,000 school supply items to The Boys & Girls Club of Topeka,
– Packaged 2,000 STEAM kits for Kansas Children’s Discovery Center,
– Donated 120 winter care kits to the Topeka Rescue Mission,
– Painted Florence Crittenton Services to prepare new spaces for independent at-risk teens,
– Donated more than 2,000 period packs to help fight period poverty in Topeka,
– Donated more than $7,000 to Community Action, Inc. designated for the Diaper Depot,
– Donated snacks and fidget gear to SENT Topeka & Ross Elementary’s Trust Based Relational Intervention Program,
– Commissioned a local artist to paint a mural at the Boys and Girls Club of Topeka’s Teen Center in support of positive mental health,
– Donated baked goods for Silverbackks Silver Sundays program,
– Filled all Blessing Boxes in Topeka with non-perishable foods and Community Resource Pamphlets,
– Created and donated a years’ worth of training manuals for CASA advocates, and
– Provided eight training opportunities including the 21 Day Racial Equity Challenge and the Day on the Hill Advocacy Training.
|Next week is Giving Tuesday!|
On Tuesday, November 30, people all around the world will join together for a common purpose: to celebrate and encourage giving back. It unleashes the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and their world – just like the women of the Junior League have been doing for the past 85 years.
Please consider making a donation to the Junior League of Topeka to continue supporting women building better communities.
|Thank you, today and always, for your contributions with and support of the Junior League of Topeka. |